Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

dumpin slp loud mouth

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2006, 10:57 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default dumpin slp loud mouth

Since weve gotten use to the slp loud mouth and doesnt seem so loud any more. we where thinking about cutting the exhaust off right where it goes over the axle. so it would be just that 3inch pipe dumped.

what that sound louder better worse?

we want to do true duals. but doing other things to the car cant do the headers right now. so looking for soemthing for the time being.
Old 06-02-2006, 11:14 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You can do that if you want, and it should be slightly louder, but youd be ruing the system and would have a hard time selling afterwards. It would probably rattle everything in the car too, but it shouldnt sound bad IMO.
Old 06-02-2006, 11:16 AM
Launching!

wed like to do true duals with stock manifolds...but with dropping the car. im afraid it will hit alot. so thats why we thought dumping it would make it louder.

what would the clearance be like on a eibach sportline drop with true dual setup with manifolds and the sound?

the exhaust could be easily modfied later for long tubes?
Old 06-02-2006, 01:13 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

True duals will be loud if you run the dynomax bullets. You can get them from www.texas-speed.com for like $400 bucks. Id say get those and sell your slp lm, thats what I did and I got $150 for it and bought a magnaflow as I wanted something a little tame, then I have an electric cutout when i want it to be all out loud. Im not sure on ground clearance but the tsp true duals dumped at the rear tuck up pretty nicely, you just need to keep moving them around until they tuck up. Also, the tsp true duals mate up to hooker and pacesetter headers easily, so id say go with a set of pacesetter coated headers in the long run as they are high quality, coated, and are only like $375 from texas-speed as well. To your original question dumping the lm will not make it THAT much louder than ti already is. It might make a ltitle difference but not much and I think it would cause more vibrations/resonance then it would be worth. If you really want to make it louder just gut your catalytic converters, it will be ungodly loud.
Old 06-02-2006, 02:56 PM
TECH Addict

i have a custom rand. tech catted y w/ loudmouth resonator dumped it's not all that loud i believe, sounds bad *** at WOT though... im gonna be switching to TD's with two LM resonators dumped, hopefully that will be a little louder... and oh ya i have sportlines as well