Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pacesetters with TSP Catted-Y Pipe?

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2006, 08:04 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pacesetters with TSP Catted-Y Pipe?

I plan on ordering coated Pacesetters and the Texas-Speed (TSP) catted-Y pipe soon. Any fit or clearance probs with this setup? I'm concerned about any floorboard clearance issues and extensive K-member mods..

Anyone actually using this setup? Thanks..
Old 06-05-2006, 08:21 AM
That's what she said...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

K-member and floorboard will be fine. The pacesetters are a great choice, as is the TSP catted y if you're trying to reduce noise levels a bit. It will take a while to tweak it into shape properly, but you should be able to get it riding high.

I would highly suggest you throw in a set of poly motor mounts while the exhaust is out. They run about $50 and are easy to install with no tubes in the way. You'll be able to adjust the exhaust to run much closer to the floorboard without it banging the hell out of it under throttle.

See the sticky at the top of this section.
Old 06-07-2006, 11:45 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you have an aftermarket adjustable torque arm there is a good chance that the TSP catted y-pipe might not fit.

Mine did not. We had to totally reconstruct it (cut, move the y, reweld, etc.) to make it fit around my Spohn tranny mount adjustable TA.

The poly mounts are also probably a good idea. I didn't do this and the y-pipe does hit the floor on hard acceleration. I ended up ordering the Mufflex y-pipe bump stop hanger to eliminate the bang.
Old 06-07-2006, 11:48 AM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have installed 2 sets like this. Very smooth installs but yeah it does get close to the stock torque arm