Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hollowed out Cats on ls1

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2006, 01:41 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Hollowed out Cats on ls1

Well I just finished up hollowing out my cats and am very please with results in both sound and call me crazy but the car does run better. I havent bought o2 sims yet but I plan on it. My question is is that I have already put about 90 miles on the car since the mod and no SES light has come on. Is there a period of time will the computer will take false readings until it decides that finally something has changed or sometimes can you just get away with this mod w/o sims? I have a 98 ls1 so lemme know if you have had this done with your ls1 and what happened. Thanks for all replies!
Old 06-09-2006, 02:00 PM
That's what she said...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The light will come on eventually, but I say save your money on the simulators. I would take it to a speed shop with LS1edit/hptuners and have them delete the rear O2, EGR, and AIR codes. The systems will still work, but you'll just be able to yank them off whenever and you'll never get coded for it.

Most places should do it for about (or less than) the cost of a set of simulators.

Quick Reply: Hollowed out Cats on ls1