Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Engine work, "If you don't do it yourself thread", rant.

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2006, 09:51 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Default Engine work, "If you don't do it yourself thread", rant.

Tired of bustin your a$$ only to have work that had to be out sourced screw you up? Murphy's law I guess. Recently, I had to have the old block removed & the new LS6 block installed @ a local shop because I have no way to lift an engine block in my garage. So, I tore everything down except the starter. "New" block is installed & car is returned. Heads come back from being cleaned & checked the day before a highly anticipated car gathering. Work all night long to get everything together & Bam, won't start, no spark. Car show missed & a few more hours of diagnosing & found that the only sensor that had to been disconnected & then reconnected @ the shop where the block was installed, wasn't reconnected. Hard to find because the socket is mounted against the block between the starter & the block. Also covered up by heat wrap becaue the headers are so close to the starter on my car. The only area left for someone else to do causes the missed car show. Yah, it's a small thing, but, wasted a sleepless night, caused another 2 hours to fix (on my car, the headers, trans cooling lines, & the starter have to be removed to get to the connector) & missed out on a great day of fun w/ the car. Sorry for the rant, just never seems to fail, " When ya need something done right..........."

It's external engine related, but, if in the wrong place, then please move the thread.