Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

factory exhaust manifolds

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2006, 09:58 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default factory exhaust manifolds

I need to run a factory exhaust manifold for cost and clearance reasons. Is there one that flows better than the others? And of course, can these manifolds support a cam upgrade? Thanks for your help.
Old 06-13-2006, 10:00 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you have clearance reasons then I would go with shorties. The stock manifolds aren't that good, but Thunder Racing does make a cam designed for the factory exhaust system.... kind of your call... How do you want to go about it.
Old 06-13-2006, 11:55 AM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you want to go with stock manifolds the 01-02 manifold flow a little better than the 98-00. I have a set I would be willing to get rid of for cheap. PM me if interested.
Old 06-13-2006, 04:15 PM
That's what she said...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dschmittie1
If you want to go with stock manifolds the 01-02 manifold flow a little better than the 98-00. I have a set I would be willing to get rid of for cheap. PM me if interested.
^^^ ^^^

The Corvette manifolds seem like they might also be better if you could fit those. Anyone know about those?

After I installed a friends Kooks headers, I put the old cats/manifolds in the box and put it out beside the street for the claw picker-uper thing to get. The next day someone had taken the manifolds out.
Old 06-13-2006, 09:26 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TheBlurLS1
^^^ ^^^

The Corvette manifolds seem like they might also be better if you could fit those. Anyone know about those?

After I installed a friends Kooks headers, I put the old cats/manifolds in the box and put it out beside the street for the claw picker-uper thing to get. The next day someone had taken the manifolds out.
I presume you mean the LS6 manifolds from the ZO6?