Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need help, FAST installation document...

Old 06-15-2006, 08:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Exclamation Need help, FAST installation document...

Well I did it... I lost my FAST installation instructions.

I cannot imagine it is rocket-science to install but just incase can anyone help me out??? Maybe a scan or JPG... I think it was only one sheet...

Thanks in advance if anyone can help...

Old 06-15-2006, 09:19 PM
Flow Wizard

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Scott...

Its no different than swapping a factory piece. The only thing that is a must is to replace all the valley pan OEM 10 mm head bolts with the shallow button head hardware FAST provides. Hook up vacuum lines in the same place....MAP sensor pops in the back just like OEM, etc. etc. Install and tighten/snug down from the center and work your way out. By the time you finish the ends the middle will be loose and you start all over. Dont try torquing it down tight in one shot....there are a lot of gaskets to compress and its better done over 3-4 go arounds getting progressively tighter each time. When there all pretty tight I go over it one more time....I dont use a torque wrench (although you could) but I make them reasonably tight....there is alot of thread engagement so no worries there. If I had to guess I would say about 20-25 ft lbs. You dont have to kill it obviously....but make it tight (helps to straighten any warped intake flanges and the FAST intakes I have seen have quite a "kick" in them sometimes).

Install TB and your good to go....have fun getting those bottom nuts behind the flange....I install steel thread inserts in all the manifolds I work on. Makes installation and removal a breeze....you might want to do the same now or at a later date.

Good luck....its really no big deal.

Tony

PS....One more thing....the 90 mm orange O-ring FAST provides with the intake is very rigid and actually wont compress fully before the plastic TB flanges actually start to bend. I have a softer gasket in mine, but when I didnt I actually left a slight gap between the TB and the intake flange....its still sealed up like a drum from the hard O-Ring being compressed, but any more TQ on the bolts just started warping/bending the ears of the manifold. You will see what Im talking about when you install yours.
Old 06-15-2006, 10:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

LOL...

Good deal... I had an idea you would be in here...

Thanks again...

Old 06-15-2006, 10:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

rtv that map sensor alittle, not a great tight fit.
Old 06-16-2006, 10:35 AM
TECH Fanatic

Got her installed... everything works fine... cranked up on first start.... no tuning yet but drives nice around block...

Search this Thread