Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Quick TBB question

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2006, 07:52 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Quick TBB question

Im bypassing the TB instead of using the adapter im just running a new hardline from the radiator to the motor. I can only get the radiator end on about 60% of the way, but I have a little band clamp on the hose. Will I be ok or will I blow it off?
Old 06-16-2006, 09:27 PM
TECH Resident

I'm running 1 hose from the engine to the radiator instead of connecting the two old hoses. Mine is on the way on both ends. I believe I used a 3/8" heater hose and held it with two regular screw-on style hose clamps.
Old 06-16-2006, 10:13 PM
That's what she said...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You might need to get a pocket knife and bore out the inside of the hose a little to get it to slip over the radiator side. I used 3/8" fuel line.

BTW - You can pull those old tubes out of the throttle body by twisting/yanking on them. They are just pressed in, but do require quite a bit of force to get them out. You'll be able to run the hose right where they are after they're gone.
Old 06-17-2006, 02:48 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by TheBlurLS1
You might need to get a pocket knife and bore out the inside of the hose a little to get it to slip over the radiator side. I used 3/8" fuel line.

BTW - You can pull those old tubes out of the throttle body by twisting/yanking on them. They are just pressed in, but do require quite a bit of force to get them out. You'll be able to run the hose right where they are after they're gone.
I was using 5/16" line and it wasnt working well. Im just gonna run it underneath my lid and clamp the hell out of it on the engine side and use 3/8" hose. Thanks guys
Old 06-17-2006, 12:23 PM
11 Second Club

why dont you just buy a 1/4 to 3/8 brass adaptor