Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

corvette headers and f-body headers...

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2006, 09:46 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default corvette headers and f-body headers...

same or different??? i got a camaro z28 ls1...if the fbody and vette headers are different...vette header should fit on my camaro ls1 rite??? and the headers are not going in neither cars...going into my hybrid...
Old 06-17-2006, 09:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Stock or aftermarket?

Both stock manifolds and aftermarket headers typically have a very distinct path they follow for a vette and a very different one for an F-body. They are not really interchangable.

From a flange standpoint either is going to bolt to your head but the pathways and collectors are positioned uniquely for either car.

What are you putting the motor in? Hybrid?
Old 06-17-2006, 10:20 PM
TECH Apprentice

errr...it's going into a z32...and i'm trying to pick out a long tube with hopefully as lil to none modification as possible...and if both will bolt up but with different pipe routing then i need to look at both stock engine bay closely to see which would be a closer match to mine...can anyone take a pix of their exhaust manifold area on their fbody for me???
Old 06-18-2006, 12:38 AM
That's what she said...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Do a search for exhaust pics, maby go to the installation section of the exhaust FAQ. The 'vette headers turn towards each other at the collectors to mate up with the 'vette's x-pipe, which about where the tranny would be on most cars.

Quick Reply: corvette headers and f-body headers...