Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Your Opinions on Dynamaxx Headers

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2006, 05:29 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Your Opinions on Dynamaxx Headers

I was curious if I could get your thoughts and opinions on Dynamaxx headers? I was thinking of getting the complete kit for my 2000 WS6. Any thoughts opinions? I was told that these are carb legal and fit really well and are very high quality. Thank you!!
Old 06-20-2006, 07:15 PM
TECH Resident

I have heard and read these fit pretty well and are high quality. They are NOT CARB legal. There are no CARB legal mid-tube or long tube headers. Anything that eliminates or moves the cats' are illegal. Even shorties without CARB numbers are illegal. The only thing I don' t like is the 2.5" y-pipe. Of course, I don' t like the clearance of my 3" y-pipe though...

If you are thinking CARB legal, you won' t find too much power with shorties, as they are your only legal choice. They have to have CARB numbers too. There are Hookers, JBA, Pacesetter, and MAYBE BBK. I thought they were CARB testing a couple years ago, but don' t know how that panned out. I know they were 1-3/4" primaries, but, still choking through OEM cats' and a crappy y-pipe, so, I' m not sure it will do much more than look better.

Good luck.
Old 06-20-2006, 07:18 PM
TECH Senior Member

..YUP...the ONLY CARB LEGAL HEADERS in North America are SHORT TUBES..SHORTIES. Soon as the cats are placed in a different location that they were from the FACTORY...they are ILLEGAL. PERIOD.
Old 06-20-2006, 07:53 PM
TECH Apprentice

id say get em. i wouldnt mind trying those out, but i dont want cats.
Old 06-20-2006, 07:55 PM
On The Tree

illegal as in just because there moved or because of throwing codes, ....etc....because we just have a obd2 scan here, if all my o2 sensors and stuff are all hooked up, will they throw a code because of increased flow...etc.....the emissions here doesnt check anything and 96 n up cars just do a obd scan, so no codes and you pass...i spent weeks trying to get a Turbo Civic to pass and finally did....!! Yah im not too fond of the 2.5 y-pipe, but I currently have a borla y-pipe on their maybe it will bolt up to them?
Old 06-20-2006, 08:04 PM
TECH Senior Member

Exclamation

because they are in a different location if there are strict visual inspections.......any different location is illegal.
Old 06-21-2006, 08:29 AM
12 Second Club

i have the dynomax ceramic coated LT's (part# 86126) and the ory (part# 88009) and they fell into place... no cutting, notching, nothing... i just loosened the k member down a bit and wham... the only thing is the # 8 plug is a frickin nitemare to change... the best thing to do is get a short ratchet and regular socket and just fish ur hand up in there from the bottom... other than that i luv em! price isn't to bad either... like nike says... "JUST DO IT!"
Old 06-21-2006, 08:50 AM
Tech Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

shorites CAN net good power, they just need a high revving engine. like, shorties on a car that could rev to 9k would be just as effective as longtubes. they need high revs for their scavenging to work.

headers aren't about flow so much as they are exhaust gas scavenging, and shorty's scavenging doesn't become effective til very high rpms.

i suppose if you forge your internals so you can rev to 7k safetly, you could probably see good gains with shorties, an SLP y pipe and high flow cats.