Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS1 High Flow/Volume Water Pump- NEED ADVISE

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2006, 05:12 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS1 High Flow/Volume Water Pump- NEED ADVISE

My water pump starting leaking this weekend while out at the sand dunes from the weaphole. I am now in the market for a high performace water pump that will help this engine hopefully stay cool. I am not sure which would be my best option. Thanks for all the help!!
Old 07-04-2006, 12:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

there are 2 performance belt driven pumps. and a few electric pumps, the belt driven flow more but cost as much or more then the electrics. guessing ur in high rpm's alot with higher hp numbers. id go with the high flow belt driven. low rpm's or street or drag you cant beat the ewp's. i dont know where the magazine is that has the belt driven ones. i forget who makes them but, do a search on here and they should pop up. if your wanting to go electric mezeir street pumps are great for that.
Old 07-08-2006, 05:08 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A couple of our sponsors sell Evan's water pump. They advertise better cooling and flow.
Old 08-09-2006, 08:41 PM
On The Tree

I guess I never really looked into it, but would it be OK and run cool enough to run an electric water pump? I am running this engine at the sand dunes for hours a day, about 6, and I would like to make sure that the electric one will keep up and not burn up. AN information would be great!!
Old 08-10-2006, 11:02 AM
That's what she said...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would stick with the mechanical and get a huge radiator. I've read that the EWP moves as much water at all times as the stocker does at 4500rpms, so if you're going ***** out all the time, you might not have enough flow. I can't honestly see it being a problem though.

You'd free up a little HP, and it would look pimp though.

Quick Reply: LS1 High Flow/Volume Water Pump- NEED ADVISE