Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

BeCool Radiator help

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2006, 05:05 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question BeCool Radiator help

Need some help here guys. I pulled the new BeCool Radiator out of the box today to install it in my 2002 Z. Had to make a trip to the parts store to get a plug for what I'm guessing is the low coolant sensor on earlier cars? Anyway, I got that taken care of and when I went to install the radiator I notice that the transmission cooler portion of the radiator doesn't work. It looks like there is something missing here. The plugs screw in but there isn't anything to match up with the compression fitting in side of the radiator. The lines would never tighten. Do I need an adaptor to make this work? If so, where do I get it. Or, would I be better off plugging these holes and just adding another tranny cooler?
So much for it being a direct fit...
Thanks for your help!
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
Kyle

Last edited by 2002blackZ; 07-16-2006 at 06:39 PM. Reason: trying to add pics...
Old 07-16-2006, 05:10 PM
That's what she said...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Posting some pictures would really help out.
Old 07-16-2006, 05:17 PM
Launching!

as you can see. pic one is the stock radiator. There is a flare connection inside.
BeCool radiator, second pic, this is not in place.
Should I just get a threaded barbed connection and add hose?
Or is there an adapter that is made to work?
Thanks

Last edited by 2002blackZ; 07-16-2006 at 06:45 PM. Reason: got the pics loaded
Old 07-17-2006, 07:34 AM
Launching!

Has anyone ran into this?
Old 07-17-2006, 10:06 AM
Launching!

Update. I talked to BeCool. Seems my radiator is missing a couple of fittings. They would send them to me if I need them to. They told me they are 1/4" by 5/16" inverted flare fittings. I'm heading to the parts store again...
By the way, their customer service is pretty good too!

Last edited by 2002blackZ; 07-17-2006 at 10:08 AM. Reason: forgot some things...
Old 07-17-2006, 12:13 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 2002blackZ
Update. I talked to BeCool. Seems my radiator is missing a couple of fittings. They would send them to me if I need them to. They told me they are 1/4" by 5/16" inverted flare fittings. I'm heading to the parts store again...
By the way, their customer service is pretty good too!
I don't call that good customer service - having you go to the trouble of repairing it.
Good customer service would be an overnight delivery of the corrected item with pre-paid return shipping label for the defective one.
Old 07-17-2006, 12:19 PM
Launching!

I guess by good customer service I mean, they were willing to send me the parts to correct the problem, they were apologetic, and they didn't act like I did something wrong to cause this.
Everything being right from the start is always good, but just doesn't happen. How a company responds to a problem says a lot about them. They gave me options to correct the issue. I chose the one that cost me $3.39 at NAPA. I'm good with this.
Thanks
Old 07-17-2006, 02:54 PM
On The Tree

Be-Cool is not really cool. I bought one of their raidators for my 84 vette. They said their radiator woul take care of my cooling problems. They told me it was a drop in mod. After almost 700. bucks It wasn't a drop in mod at all. They told me it should be. I had to mofify my stock shroud which I didn't like at all older vette parts are expensive. After all the hassles and the install the car ran at the same temps as before. Be-cool told me I now needed to purchase one of their new super cooling fans and that would solve my problem. I asked them to sell me the fan at their wholesellers cost since I had to modify my shroud and now buy an additional fan set with no one able to tell me for certain if this would work. After waiting for a couple of days they told me I had to buy at the regular retail price. I wouldn't buy a thing from them, and their customer service sucks!
Old 07-17-2006, 04:42 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

2002blackZ: Did you see if it did provide a drop in cooling tempratures? Tranny or radiator?

twospeed: did you get another fan? did that new fan help produce cooling benifits?
Old 07-17-2006, 04:50 PM
Launching!

haven't got it installed as of yet. Just got home with the parts... I'll update when I get it installed.

Twospeed. when did this happen? Was it recent?
Old 07-17-2006, 10:28 PM
Launching!

Well, got the radiator installed and took it for a test drive. Seems like it is working. Temp never went over 179 degrees. That is good compared to it staying in the high 190's and normally right at 200. So, my first impression is that is does do as advertised and lower temps by around 20 degrees. I'll check it again tomorrow in some real heat and then I'm going to test Redline Water Wetter to see if that does anything.
I'll start a new post and let everyone know if it seems to help or not.
Oh, I'm not super impressed with the fitment, but it did fit and seems to work pretty well. Fans are moved back about an inch just from the shear size of the new radiator.
Take care,
Kyle
Old 07-18-2006, 07:26 PM
On The Tree

prince xizor
The car was a Z-51. It had a H/D cooling system. I was already running two fans, a stock puller, and the optional pusher in front of the radiator. I chalked up the cost of this mod to experience. These cars tend to run on the hot side to begin wit I was just trying to improve the beast. One thing is certain, I will never do any business with be-cool ever again.