Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Adding a cross-over coolant pipe to the rear of engine with an LS-6 intake.

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2006, 10:04 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Adding a cross-over coolant pipe to the rear of engine with an LS-6 intake.

Adding a cross-over coolant pipe to the rear of engine with an LS-6 intake. Would this have any clear advantage? The #7 cylinder is notorious for problems and I can't see that blocking off the coolant pipes does any good. I've seen a single crossover in the front and in the back which were seperate but never connected. It might be ugly but has anyone re-routed the coolant lines over the intake. It could be hidden fairly well if it was routed next to the valve covers that way the intake would still be able to come off with no problems.
Old 08-17-2006, 10:11 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why don't you just grind down the ridges on the bottom of the intake and use a stock 98-00 LS1 coolant crossover pipe? That's what I'm doing. I just took my die grinder and ground away all of the ridges on the bottom of the manifold, and the coolant pipe and knock sensor wires fit perfect.
Old 08-18-2006, 01:32 PM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

That's how I installed my ls6 intake 4 years ago. I just used an exacto knife and cut down the high casting ribs on the bottom of the intake. Took all of 5 minutes to do.