Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

guys with 01-02 /pacesetters come in....

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2006, 10:29 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default guys with 01-02 /pacesetters come in....

stupid me didnt remove the EGR when i had the headers off nor did i change the plugs now im having a hard time trying to reach plug #6 just because of the stupid useless EGR tube. I took it to a welding shop to see if they could some how chop it off and weld it shut, but the guy says that he cant unless i take the header off.
is there a way to get to the plug??
Old 08-18-2006, 10:51 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by SMUJeremyZ28
I thought 01-02s didn't have the EGR. Do you mean AIR?
youre right they dont....i think a bunch of us on here got headers that had the EGR. I was told that all they pacesetters came with the EGR tube, so i just put em on and blocked it off.
Old 08-18-2006, 12:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

my pacesetters also came with the EGR and I ordered mine for an '01 Formula, when I asked about it I was told that all emissions headers from pacesetter had EGR and AIR and they send a block off plate for the EGR if you have an '01 or '02 so I just put the block off plate on....
Old 08-18-2006, 12:46 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i the reason for the egr is for the 00 ls motors, the 00 egr differs from the 98-99 egr
Old 08-18-2006, 01:26 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 01FormulaTA
my pacesetters also came with the EGR and I ordered mine for an '01 Formula, when I asked about it I was told that all emissions headers from pacesetter had EGR and AIR and they send a block off plate for the EGR if you have an '01 or '02 so I just put the block off plate on....

thast what they told me, and thats what i did. but the prob is that i cant seem to find a way to get to the spark plug, because the EGR tube gets in the way. not to mention the spark plug wire touches the tube as well. As much as im going to hate to do it, guess ill just have to take the damn header off and have the tube cut off.
Old 08-18-2006, 06:34 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by z28_n_tx
stupid me didnt remove the EGR when i had the headers off nor did i change the plugs now im having a hard time trying to reach plug #6 just because of the stupid useless EGR tube. I took it to a welding shop to see if they could some how chop it off and weld it shut, but the guy says that he cant unless i take the header off.
is there a way to get to the plug??
if your hand is small enough you can reach it from infront of header (between header and head that how i do it, and if the wire touch a header you can always use zipties.