Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need help asap!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2006, 03:25 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help asap!!!

I have a 99 t/a, and I recently finished an ls6 intake swap about two days ago. It has been running fine, the throttle is a little sticky but other then that it has been running great. Until today, I put it in reverse and the idle goes way down to just below 500rpms, and the car is shaking pretty bad. So i begin to drive it and the exhuast note is very different and choppy. In addition, the car smells like its running really really lean, and I can feel a lack of power when I begin to drive. Also, I know the SES light came on because I got rid of the EGR, but when all this started to happen the SES light began to flash. I was thinking it may be an exhuast leak because it sounds like a ticking noise coming from the y-pipe or i-pipe. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
-Alex
Old 08-19-2006, 04:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

get it scanned and see what the ses light is telling you, I would think its not the egr flashing, mine did this sort of thing and it was the cam shaft position sensor, its on the drivers side back of the intake...make sure that som' bitch is plugged in
Old 08-19-2006, 05:17 PM
TECH Addict

ya make sure you have all your sensors are plugged in back there... it's an amazon jungle behind that intake mani.
Old 08-19-2006, 05:19 PM
Staging Lane

what Rrcox22 said
Old 08-20-2006, 03:45 AM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Sounds like VAc issues somewhere under the hood.
Old 08-20-2006, 10:19 AM
TECH Apprentice

I let it sit for a couple of hours to cool down, then I started it back up to see how it ran. I started and idled fine, and I drove it around the block for a little and everything was fine. But the engine was to hot for me to check the back sensors and lines. So I will do that today. Thanks for all the help and info guys.
Old 08-20-2006, 11:47 AM
12 Second Club

flashing SES means you have a misfire
Old 08-20-2006, 12:39 PM
Launching!

I'm in the same boat. Just finished my install a few days ago...

Mine's been doing the same thing. I've had the rear most spark plug wire come undone in the past, So I checked that about an hour ago along with the rest just to be safe. I double checked all my injectors as well to make sure none of them were loose.
My brother who is a volvo tech told me that the computer may be confused as the EGR has clearly been removed. He said to unbolt both battery terminals and touch the wires together - leaving it for a few minutes. Apparently, this resets the computer. I feel it's a computer issue. So hopefully my PCMforless mail order comes in sooner than later and we'll see what happens after that.
Old 08-20-2006, 10:22 PM
TECH Apprentice

Well I checked everything out, and I remeoved the fuel rail cover that I had on there and since then everything has been running fine.
Old 08-21-2006, 03:10 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Same problem only mine now only thing is that i wasn't swap'n intakes,.... just cleaning injectors!
Old 08-21-2006, 10:29 PM
TECH Apprentice

Okay, ****. It's happening again. Im gonna have to take it some where. I'm gonna have to drive a little ways to get it to a shop, will it hurt my car too bad, cause I'd rather not.
Old 08-23-2006, 11:47 AM
Launching!

couple of things that might help, but not sure. 1. Check the MAP sensor on the back of the intake make sure its not broken and everything is pluged in correct. 2. Depending on your mods you might want to think about drill out the idle hole on the Throttle Body plate just a little to let more air in at idle. Again just a couple of ideas for you don't know if these are the problems.