Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Exhaust Swap

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2006, 12:49 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exhaust Swap

I currently have a Flowmaster cat back system on my T/A. I'm wanting to get the loudmouth system but was wondering if it's possible to just buy the "loudmouth" resonator and just swap it out with my current one since i already have the pipe and hangers.
Old 08-22-2006, 01:02 PM
TECH Resident

i dont get what your saying.. you want to put the loudmouth resonator in place of the flowmaster muffler in your flowmaster catback? if thats the case it wont work because the resonator goes in the I pipe from the Y to the over the axle... you would have to cut out the flowmaster muffler and weld in straight pipes to make it like a loudmouth, and the loudmouth catback is stainless, i would just go ahead and buy that if you dont plan on getting longtubes.. if you are, just keep the flowmaster and get a cutout.. if your state doesnt allow cutouts, like mine, and you still want long tubes, look at tsp true duals or a hooker or magnaflow catback
Old 08-22-2006, 01:32 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by carado1984
i dont get what your saying.. you want to put the loudmouth resonator in place of the flowmaster muffler in your flowmaster catback? if thats the case it wont work because the resonator goes in the I pipe from the Y to the over the axle... you would have to cut out the flowmaster muffler and weld in straight pipes to make it like a loudmouth, and the loudmouth catback is stainless, i would just go ahead and buy that if you dont plan on getting longtubes.. if you are, just keep the flowmaster and get a cutout.. if your state doesnt allow cutouts, like mine, and you still want long tubes, look at tsp true duals or a hooker or magnaflow catback

Oh ok I thought that the resonator went where the muffler would. I do want longtubes too. I'd hate to ask but do you have any diagragm or anything of how it's set up. Money is kind tight and want to do it as cheaply as possible but with out sacrificing quality. So how could i go about doing this with the piping that i have now or do i need all new pipe?
Old 08-22-2006, 01:34 PM
Tech Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Sublime35
Oh ok I thought that the resonator went where the muffler would. I do want longtubes too. I'd hate to ask but do you have any diagragm or anything of how it's set up. Money is kind tight and want to do it as cheaply as possible but with out sacrificing quality. So how could i go about doing this with the piping that i have now or do i need all new pipe?
"cheaply" and "quality" rarely go hand-in-hand. IMO, save your money til you can afford quality. do it right; don't do a poor job because you'll regret it down the road and have to buy stuff all over again.
Old 08-22-2006, 01:40 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369
"cheaply" and "quality" rarely go hand-in-hand. IMO, save your money til you can afford quality. do it right; don't do a poor job because you'll regret it down the road and have to buy stuff all over again.

lol yeah that was pretty much an oxymoron. I meant being able to get it done with using some of what I have now if at all possible. i guess i just need to suck it up and buy the loudmouth system.