Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone have clearance pics of their pacesetters?

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2006, 04:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Anyone have clearance pics of their pacesetters?

I hit a speed bump, and screwed the passengers side up. From the side it looks a lot lower the the other one. Anyone have pics of the passenger and drivers side headers on the car from underneath. With search on the fritz I cant get a search to work. And I go out to measure it and my Dad had taken the liberty of driving my car somewhere. I couldnt even survey the damage. I know the colleteor is all scratched but other than that nothing.
Old 08-23-2006, 04:41 PM
Restricted User

well even though ive hit mines on speed bumps multiple times...ive never really hit them hard enough to really damage them..its mostly been my y pipe taking the real abuse.. anyways one side of the long tube headers is lower than the other (i think the drivers side is lower) so if ur wondering if its because of the speed bump, you're probably wrong, they're jus designed like that...it all jus depends how hard u hit it maybe
Old 08-23-2006, 04:47 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My passenger side header hangs a bit lower then my driver side. I wonder if other brands of headers besides Pacesetters are the same. Here are a couple of pictures I took after I installed everything. Hope this helps.
Attached Thumbnails Anyone have clearance pics of their pacesetters?-header-clearance-front-2-resize.jpg   Anyone have clearance pics of their pacesetters?-header-clearance-driver-resize.jpg   Anyone have clearance pics of their pacesetters?-header-clearance-passenger-resize.jpg  
Old 08-23-2006, 05:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Thanks stillremains. That kinda looks the same as mine. So I guess its normal and I jsut missed it. Thanks again.

Fenix, We didnt hit the bump hard, we stopped pondering if we could make it it wasnt a big bump at all, like a foot wide and an inch high BUT im lowered 2 inches and have like an inch of clearance.

Thanks for replies guys
Old 08-24-2006, 06:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

OK here are pics of mine (with a standard wallet sized card for reference)

Can someone please verify on their car that there is a noticible difference, i would greatly appreciate it? This is making me really worried.