Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Back To Stock??spark Plug Help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2006, 08:02 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Back To Stock??spark Plug Help!!!

ok here is the story. i just recently changed my car back to stock i had an sts turbo on it.(check sig below for details on turbo) i had to sell it because i needed the money. i was running ngk tr6 one step colder than stock @ .35. is there any advantage to leaving those plugs in at that gap or should i replace them with proper heat range and gap. the car is back to stock except air lid, exhaust and custom ported maf and tb. they are still in the car, and it seems to run just fine. so leave them in or change them out?
thank you
Old 09-07-2006, 08:24 PM
TECH Addict

you might be loosing a little HP with the incorrect heat range plug in their but it wont hurt anything. people with N20 run the same plug and its fine when their not spraying
Old 09-07-2006, 08:29 PM
Staging Lane

well thats what i thought but know after only a few days of running it this way i get a p0420 code that popped up last night. so i didnt know if the plugs had anything to do with it or not. but i erased it and just wait and see if it comes up again. never had a problem when the trbo was on. well thanks for the input.