Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How do I adjust throttle cable for FAST TB?

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2006, 10:25 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default How do I adjust throttle cable for FAST TB?

Just installed a FAST 78/78 set up. I have some issues with the throttle cable. The FAST 78 TB has 2 holes for the throttle cable, and I am 99% sure it needs to be in the bottom hole, from pics I have seen around online.

Anyway, when I put the throttle cable in the first hole, there is too much slack in the cable, and it won't open the TB blade WOT when I hit the pedal. We know how to make the cable shorter, and tried that, but when I try to WOT down the road, it boggs, and I know it is b/c the cable should be in that second, bottom hole.

So then we put the throttle cable in the second hole, it opens the throttle blade about an 1" or so. And it doesn't hit the bump stop, adjusting the screw doesn't help at all. It really stretches that cable out. How to I adjust the cable to make it a little longer? BTW, the car is an A4.

Hope someone can help me solve this throttle cable issue.

I pulled the top off the cable holder unit beside the battery, and it looks like I can't make it any longer

HELP ME!