Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

need help with catch can install please

Old 09-14-2006, 04:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default need help with catch can install please

I bought this and it has no instructions. What hoses go where? It has 3 fittings on it.[IMG][/IMG]
Old 09-14-2006, 07:34 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Where did you get it? I would contact them and have them walk you through it. I'm surprised no one here has responded to help you yet... Good luck..
Old 09-14-2006, 08:46 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've never seen that style.

The fitting on the bottom is for draining the can. As for the top two; just hook it up and if it doesn't work right, switch the lines.
Old 09-14-2006, 09:09 PM
On The Tree

hope this is help
https://ls1tech.com/forums/generation-iii-external-engine/470777-post-pics-you-catch-can.html
Old 09-14-2006, 09:21 PM
Staging Lane

The bottom one is a drain, cap it off so it doesn't leak until you want to drain it. For the top two. one goes to the radiator and one is a vent, attach a hose to vent one to direct overflow out. It does not matter which one you put where. good luck.
Old 09-15-2006, 12:14 PM
Launching!

Isn't this an oil catch can? If so that goes between your PCV valve and your throttle body. This is for scavenging the oil out of the crankcase venting so that you are not introducing this oil back into your air flow. You already have an overflow on your rad so I don't know why you would need another rad can.

For the oil catch can one hose goes to your PCV valve and the other to the lower inlet on your throttle body on the passenger side. There a good picture of an AMW catch can install at http://www.imatt.us/car/mods/catchcan.html

It's a little hard to see where the lower hose connects to the throttle body but before you cut the hose coming from your PCV, look at where it is connected.
Old 09-15-2006, 12:43 PM
Launching!

well bud you in luck, I have that exact same CC on my car. Its a greddy unit and looks pretty good in the engine bay. I am at work right now but PM me a email address and I will send you some pics of my set up. I had to make a custombracket for it but its not tha hard.

Search this Thread