Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Street Pro Cutouts installed

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2006, 11:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Street Pro Cutouts installed

Just had dual Street Pro cutouts installed today. I haven't heard them yet, but I talked to the guy who installed them and he said the car sounds freakin awsom. Can't get the car until tomorrow because he had the rear end apart working on it. All the nuts on the plates on the end of the tubes were totally loose and it was leaking grease real bad. Guess the place that installed it didn't do such a good job did they and that's part of the reason they aren't in business today!!!
Old 10-07-2006, 10:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Got the car back today. When I picked it up, he had the cutouts open and I started it up. OMG!!! This thing sounds badass. You can hear the cam really good. This is probably one of the better mods. Wife hasn't heard it yet though. I'm sure when she does she'll S#@T.

I don't know if this is the place to ask this, but the cutouts came with a switch which says in the instructions reverse's polarity. I have the nitrous express switches in the console (used when I had n2o on the car) and the switch that controled the bottle heater has the same plugs on the back as the switch they sent me.

This is a schematic of the switch:

The one difference in the wiring I see is the #5 & #2 are the hot and ground on the new switch whereas on the bottle opener, #5 and #2 went to the two wires on the bottle opener. On the new switch, there are wires crossing over from #3 to #4 is a red wire and from #6 to #1 is a black wire. There is also a longer red wire coming from #3 and a longer black wire coming out of #6 that runs to the wires on the cutouts. On the bottle opener switch it had the hot wire coming from #3 to #4 there was also a black lead crossing over from #1 to #6 and again #2 ran to the black wire on the bottle opener and #5 ran to the red wire on the bottle opener.

Can I get the switch that I used on the bottle opener to work with these cutouts instead of using their switch? Will this work the same as the other switch?

Last edited by SS125; 10-07-2006 at 10:33 PM.
Old 10-08-2006, 02:39 PM
TECH Senior Member

I dont' see why you wouldn't be able to make the switch work. I'm thinking of getting a Street Pro cutout too and i'm planning on using a different switch

Have any pics of the cutouts installed and/or uninstalled
Old 10-08-2006, 08:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 01 Red WS6
I dont' see why you wouldn't be able to make the switch work. I'm thinking of getting a Street Pro cutout too and i'm planning on using a different switch

Have any pics of the cutouts installed and/or uninstalled
I'll try and get some and post them for you. Thanks for the response.

Quick Reply: Street Pro Cutouts installed