Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Flowtechs, will it fit stock y-pipe?

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2006, 06:35 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Flowtechs, will it fit stock y-pipe?

I was offered brand new flowtech longtubes for $225 but with no y-pipe. I wanted to know if it will fit directly to the stock y-pipe? I have a 2000 Camaro SS.

I also got another offer for a set of used flowtechs longtubes with y-pipe but it was been used for 10,000 miles.
Old 11-02-2006, 07:36 PM
Launching!

I'm pretty sure no LT headers will bolt up to the stock Y-pipe. I don't think you would want to anyway.... Get them and get yourself an X pipe set up. It's always fun to make lots of noise.
Old 11-02-2006, 08:27 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

if you look under the car at the stock y pipe youll see that no longtubes will match up to them. just get the headers and make your own H pipe and run duals.
Old 11-02-2006, 10:34 PM
TECH Regular

Well I already have an electric cutout after my chambered muffler on the I-pipe. Didn't want to put it before the chambered muffler cause I didn't want it really loud and raspy with open cutouts. So when I get the headers, it'll be coming through my chambered muffler.

I remembered I met up with a member from norcal-ls1 to exchange wheels. As his car was on the lift I looked under his car and saw that he was running longtubes with the stock y-pipe. I remember this also because he was on the market for a 3" y-pipe which I was trying to help him find as well. Hmmmm I'm going to hit him up and see what he says.

I thought about true duals and I can get a set-up for $500. But here in cali, cops will know and give me a fix-a-ticket. Plus I've had a really loud camaro in the past and its fun now that I can go in sleeper mode with the electric cutouts. Thanks for your responses guys, I love this site!