Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

408 LQ9 P1SC vette

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2006 | 11:05 AM
Launching!

Default 408 LQ9 P1SC vette

The headers on this car glow from just normal driving. We have SD tune on it that keeps the AFR around 13:1 just normal cruising and the headers still glow. We havent fully tested WOT yet, but I suspect the headers will really light up at WOT. Is this normal at idle though? Even just sitting at idle they get a little glow to them but not bad.

They are not coated.
Old 11-06-2006 | 11:51 AM
The know it all's know it all

Originally Posted by SSkeet
The headers on this car glow from just normal driving. We have SD tune on it that keeps the AFR around 13:1 just normal cruising and the headers still glow. We havent fully tested WOT yet, but I suspect the headers will really light up at WOT. Is this normal at idle though? Even just sitting at idle they get a little glow to them but not bad.

They are not coated.
whats the scanner or datalogging show for timing ?
Old 11-06-2006 | 12:05 PM
TECH Addict

i'm thinking the timing is out of whack also.
Old 11-06-2006 | 12:21 PM
Launching!

the car likes the base timing to be around 25-27 in order to idle nicely...this is where it is at now

we tried as low as 16 and it didnt idle as good.
Old 11-06-2006 | 12:23 PM
TECH Veteran

Old 11-06-2006 | 12:32 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by SSkeet

They are not coated.
What are the headers made out of, mild steel? I would say you def need to get them coated...im not sure if it will keep all of the heat in but it should help protect the rest of your engine components as **** will begin to melt if its too close to the headers, like say your plug wires. The turbo manifold on my buddies heavily modded EVO MR will glow a little after hes been beating on it for a while though for what its worth. Hopefully someone else can chime in though and help you out some more.