Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

True Duals

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2006, 06:50 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default True Duals

I'm wanting to go with the Texas Speed True Duals (http://texas-speed.com/shop/item.asp...d=196&catid=56)

But I wasn't sure about the fabrication that'd be needed as far as tucking it up under the car, i've heard that the clearance is an issue with going with the true dual set-ups. Can anyone post pictures or share some advice upon this.

Also, I understand this exhaust setup is made for longtube headers? Meaning that it will only correctly fit with long tubes? Or will it connect to stock headers?

Also on "Header style" it has: Race Style (no egr), or 98-02. I live in alabama so there's no emmissions checks ect, would I be ok going with Race Style or should I get the 98-02?
Old 11-15-2006, 07:42 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ha!, the people at TSP have the same carpet as me!, funny.

Oh yeah, click on the link in my signature, it should answer all your questions.

Short answers...

No "fabrication" needed to complete the kit, some people bang in their seatwells for more clearance
clearance is not an issue unless lowered, alot...
see sig for pix...
Yes its built for LT's pacesetters explicitly, but KOOKS and QTP both prob work, mine are QTP and they work..
If your 98-00 you would need to remove your AIR and EGR for race style headers, 01-02 don't have EGR, maybe AIR can't remember. No egr for sure.

D
Old 11-15-2006, 07:46 AM
Staging Lane

so they wouldn't work for Jet-Hot's or Hooker's???
Old 11-15-2006, 07:51 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by The Gentlemen
so they wouldn't work for Jet-Hot's or Hooker's???
I thought they were built explicitly for pacesetters and jet hots, but I could be wrong. I thought their site used to say they were built for those two LT's, before I bought mine I said, well the're not built for mine but ill make em fit.

When in doubt call TSP they're good peoples.
Old 11-15-2006, 11:11 AM
TECH Fanatic

each header manufacture makes their headers different. A good exhaust shop should be able to tailor them to fit. The could fit stock manifolds, but once again a exhaust shop is gonna have to make extensions from the end of the stock manifold or cats to the true duals. They fit fine if you adjust them alot to get them to fit. Are you planning on keepign cats? if not you'll ahve to get them tuned out or get sims.
Old 11-15-2006, 11:16 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

No emissions check? Go with the race headers IMO, no reason not to. The dual system is very well made and tucked up great on my car (link in sig). Good luck

-J
Old 11-15-2006, 01:13 PM
Man-Crush Warning

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Get the race style headers. And there is no fabrication needed for the duals. I helped install a set on an A4 Z28 about a week ago, and I just installed a set on my M6 SS the day before yesterday. Both cars definitely have better ground clearance than before. We tucked them as high as they could possibly go.
Old 11-15-2006, 02:09 PM
11 Second Club

Mine tucked away really nice. The only problem I had was I broke that hanger trying to bend it around to fit my application, so I cute both off and did a custum hangor assembly.. Pacesetters and TSP TD's are a awesome setup. It can't get any easier than that, Unless you wanna pay and watch someone else work on your car. lmao

Lane
Old 11-15-2006, 04:57 PM
Launching!

What about backpressure without running cats ect... What's the main different between the Race style?

Saying I got the Race Style and the True Duals would I have backpressure problems not running cats? What about the 02 sims how would I go by that?
Old 11-15-2006, 05:02 PM
TECH Addict

Race style and... normal? No emissions fittings, much cleaner look (IMO) in the engine bay, if it makes a difference. Just get your emissions junk programmed out. You won't have backpressure running no cats IMO, I've never seen guys run LTs and TDs complain about lack of power, if anything, duals should PICK UP power across the board over a y-pipe setup.... speculatively. For 02 sims, don't bother, just get the rear 02s programmed out, in many cases, a tuner can tune out your emissions stuff for LESS than a set of 02 sims. Good luck!

-J
Old 11-15-2006, 05:08 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by lastcall190
Race style and... normal? No emissions fittings, much cleaner look (IMO) in the engine bay, if it makes a difference. Just get your emissions junk programmed out. You won't have backpressure running no cats IMO, I've never seen guys run LTs and TDs complain about lack of power, if anything, duals should PICK UP power across the board over a y-pipe setup.... speculatively. For 02 sims, don't bother, just get the rear 02s programmed out, in many cases, a tuner can tune out your emissions stuff for LESS than a set of 02 sims. Good luck!

-J
Well the problem with that is there's no tuners around here i'd hafta spend around 300 bucks to get a tune on the car...Wouldn't i hafta have the front 02's programmed out also since I won't be running cat's? Right now I have the slp bellows and they're gutted and already throwing codes..So will I loose power running race style headers without cats and true duals? Or will I pick up power?
Old 11-15-2006, 05:21 PM
TECH Addict

Well the cats come AFTER the long tubes, so there's no programming out of them, in fact you need those 02 sensors (they don't give a **** whether you have cats or not). I gotcha on that tune, not sure if it's your cup of tea, but some tuners have basic tunes (emissions stuff, skip shift, etc.) that aren't very expensive at all (PM me if you want, the one I used isn't a sponsor. Don't wanna **** off management, heh). Whether you are ORY, TDs, it's only the rear 02s that are messed with (doesn't hurt to get some new front ones, either corvette sensors or new stock ones while you're at it). When you say pick up power, are you stock now? Sorry if you mentioned it, but I missed it. If you are stock, yes you will definitely pick up some power, and down the road when you get a chance to tune, it'll pick up some more too.

-J
Old 11-15-2006, 05:52 PM
Launching!

Well in all honesty i'm not really sure what's all done to the car.. As far as exhaust goes, 3" Adjustable Borla Catback, Slp Belows, stock headers...But it still doesn't seem right though, i've raced my friends ls2 m6 gto and beat it by a car length everytime...So in my opinion something else had to be done to it ....

I assume I would need something as ls1edit to tune these things out? Can anyone give me some info on that, i'm completely a noob on that.
Old 11-15-2006, 06:00 PM
TECH Addict

Can't help you with the LS1edit I'm not too familiar with that
Old 11-15-2006, 06:06 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by lastcall190
Can't help you with the LS1edit I'm not too familiar with that
Well the tunning is just needed, I don't have anything to tune with, not HP; edit or anything else... The only tunning shop around here charges about $100 bucks for code deletes..So what all would I need to get tuned out and deleted saying I went with Race Style headers, no cats, and a true dual set-up?
Old 11-15-2006, 06:20 PM
TECH Addict

AIR, rear 02 sensors, and anything else (CAGS for example).

-J
Old 11-15-2006, 06:25 PM
Launching!

Is there any way to figure out what else has been done to the car like through codes or w/e without extensive work? Because I know that stock ss's with my exhaust won't beat a ls2 gto...
Old 11-15-2006, 06:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

I deleted AIR / EGR
321 stainless longtubes / bosh part # 13111 o2 [ corvette rear o2s ]
tsp 3'' x pipe / bullets turndowns
plugs/ wires
mti lid / ls6 intake
rear o2 harness left unhooked
factory tune
22mpg city/hwy avg runs like a champ
Old 11-15-2006, 06:29 PM
TECH Addict

Without cracking it open I dont think I'd be able to tell if it has a cam... well, does it lope hard or wimpy? Check your head castings. If they're 241 then it's expected, maybe they're ported? Or even 243 (LS6 castings). Track numbers can also tell the tale

-J
Old 11-15-2006, 06:33 PM
Launching!

Well it doesn't lope like it has a cam and its not the ls6 castings..Ported possibly.. But i'm running about 7mph trap time faster than the ls2 gto in the 1/8th. As far as the E/t i'm sucking gorrilla ***** on that because of street tires and no traction=baaaad 60ft... But i'm running around 82mph with a horrible 2.4 60ft time.