Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

QTP Y pipe replacement?

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2006, 04:07 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default QTP Y pipe replacement?

I am running the 1 3/4" QTP longtubes and I was wanting to replace my QTP ORY Y pipe. I am lowered with the prokit and was wondering if there is any replacement pipe I could order that I could bolt up to my QTP longtubes that has better ground clearence or doesn't hang as low. I dont want to buy another one from QTP to have it banged up again
Any thoughts?
Old 11-16-2006, 04:13 AM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Go to a muffler shop and have them custom fab you one. It will be the best fitting replacement that you can find. I have done it 2 times so far, and they have both been superior quality for a fraction of the price of shipping and hassle of getting a pre-fabbed one.
Old 11-16-2006, 07:06 AM
TECH Addict

i agree.most of the y pipes hang pretty low going from the driver side to the passenger side.even the adjustable ones like the qtp still seem to hang lower than i like so i'm sure an exhaust shop should be able to fix you up.
Old 11-16-2006, 02:08 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by deviate42
I am running the 1 3/4" QTP longtubes and I was wanting to replace my QTP ORY Y pipe. I am lowered with the prokit and was wondering if there is any replacement pipe I could order that I could bolt up to my QTP longtubes that has better ground clearence or doesn't hang as low. I dont want to buy another one from QTP to have it banged up again
Any thoughts?
In a few months, QTP will be coming out with a new revised stainless steel ypipe that will fit and tuck up nicely, if you can wait, I would get this, if not get a custom y fitted on your car.
Old 11-16-2006, 02:47 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 98camaroLS1M6
In a few months, QTP will be coming out with a new revised stainless steel ypipe that will fit and tuck up nicely, if you can wait, I would get this, if not get a custom y fitted on your car.

really thats good to know! Is it goin to be an ORY or catted?