Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

exhaust leak!>!>

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2006, 10:02 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default exhaust leak!>!>

i have a little exhaust leak somewhere....and i was just wondering is it bad to drive the car with the leak?

i know i willl probably burn out my O2's but other than that will it be ok to drive for a couple days till its fixed?
Old 11-22-2006, 10:20 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by who281
i have a little exhaust leak somewhere....and i was just wondering is it bad to drive the car with the leak?

i know i willl probably burn out my O2's but other than that will it be ok to drive for a couple days till its fixed?
If its little you can drive like that forever and the o2's will be fine forever.

Depends on how big it is.

Do you know if its after or beforethe o2's?

Jack it up in the morning, one side really high. Start it up when its cold and quickly run your hands all up and down the pipes, starting at the collectors. It won;t get to hot to touch for a couple minutes, it'll take ya about 45 seconds to check all the piping from both collectors back to the muffler. Thats how I found mine.

Old 11-22-2006, 10:48 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by who281

Find a shop that has a leak machine (it's basically a smoke machine) and run it up the exhaust pipe then find where the smoke comes out
Old 11-23-2006, 12:27 AM
TECH Regular

no im pretty sure its the headers...thats what the shop said....the car was in a accident and they think one is bent....but i am getting new AR headers soon...i am just wondering if i can drive the car around a lil till i get the headers...
Old 11-23-2006, 11:10 AM
TECH Apprentice

Then that goes back to the question of how big the leak is.
Old 11-23-2006, 12:16 PM
TECH Regular

nvm...i think i heard wrong i dont think theres a leak!!! lol sorry guys....thanks for the help....