Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

!AIR question....

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2006, 07:57 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question !AIR question....

I've read the write ups and searched, no clear answer was found.

If I decide to not remove the AIR system when I do my race style LT install, but simply remove the fuse to disable it, would everything run ok? Would I have to plug up any tubes like the ones running into the exhaust manifold? If so any others? I'm not concerned with throwing codes or anything, just extra air getting into the engine or any other adverse effects.

2nd item is since I'm getting LT headers if I did decide to remove the whole thing, I don't need any block off plates, right? The speed inc kit includes 2 plates, for what I assume are meant for the left and right exhaust manifolds (which will be replaced with the headers anyways) but nothing goes into the intake manifold, right? I thought that was only for EGR equipped vehicles.

Thanks for the clarification.
Old 12-15-2006, 08:09 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just the vacuum line on the back of the intake. No block off plates or anything like that are needed on the 01/02's.
Old 12-15-2006, 08:20 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

if you get the race style headers you wont need the block off plates, if you remove everything except for the control valve (rear drivers side of of the intake manifold) and leave the vacuum line to it attached you wont get any codes..when you get it tuned you can have the system disabled then remove any remaining components..good luck