Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PCV hose collapsed

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2006, 04:08 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default PCV hose collapsed

I got the Husky filter and everything for the catchcan mod today. Can't finish it up until tomorrow because I need more hose, but when I pulled the short rubber hose off the intake fitting I saw that the hose is completely collapsed. Since the oil that would be going from the engine to the intake has been backed up, I wonder what effect that would have. My motor goes through some serious oil. Sometimes when I nail it there is no smoke, other times there is a smoke screen. And sometimes when I downshift and get alot of engine compression you would think I had blown the engine if you were behind me. It's that much smoke, very embarrassing. But other times there is nothing. Any thoughts? Maybe it's had some effect on vaccum pressure?
Old 12-19-2006, 09:39 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do your catch can idea and see if that works for ya .

Some times if your puttin around in traffic the fuel will load up and if you throttle it , it can put out black rich smoke that can be mistaken for oil .

But at the same time , ive seen oil puddle up in the intake from the pcv system and sudden acceleration can send that oil into the intake runners .

Watch your catch can and see how much oil it has in it .
If your geting a lot of oil in the can in a short period of time you may have other issues going on .

Quick Reply: PCV hose collapsed