Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Modifiying my Borla

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2006, 10:50 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Modifiying my Borla

I searched a little on this topic and didnt really find anything on what I specifically want to do. I've got a Borla cat back on my 94 z/28 that has the open plate installed in it and I am wanting to change up my sound a little. I would just put the plates on it, but the flanges where the plates are covered in rust and I could not bust em loose with a wrench and tons of wd 40 and liquid wrench. The flange bolts seem to be warped so that I can not even correctly fit a wrench up to it.

I was considering taking it up to the local muffler shop and having them cut out the Borla muffler and replace it with 3" pipe and getting some sort of low profile muffler in the intermediate pipe somehere (I dont like the differences in sound between the open side and the muffler side of the current set up, so it needs to be before the split in the pipe). I was thinking about either an xr1 or sweet thunder. Just looking for some opinions and wandering what the sound would be like.
Old 12-24-2006, 07:35 AM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Would prolly sound like the Loudmouth II.