Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

small dilemma.....

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2006, 05:12 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default small dilemma.....

my car= 00 WS6 that i bought with flowmaster catback on it, i am wanting to put headers on it this winter while its in storage but am unsure of what route i want to go. it will be one of two things. 1. LTs and true duals(dynomax bullets) or 2. LTs ORY and then the flowmaster catback, and an electric cutout to bypass the chokemaster although i think with the cutout closed it will SOUND great. only reason i wouldnt get the duals is the noise, there is no taming duals but with the cutout closed the other way might be better. so the question is how much louder will LTS + Xpipe+dynomax bullets be than LTs+oRY+flowmaster catback (cutout would be closed when need to be quite) although they will all be loud....
Old 12-28-2006, 05:22 PM
Banned

Save your money for good True Duals. Not some ho-dank dumped early cheap *** rig-up.

2.5" Volumetric xpipe, into a single full size dual-in dual-out muffler in the stock location, and out the back exiting like stock.

If you don't feel comfortable having someone fabricate this for you custom, Bassani makes a kit just for this reason.

It will be as tame and refined as stock and still roar when you get on it, truly the best of both worlds my friend, just listen to my sound clips on my webpage for evidence.
Old 12-28-2006, 08:59 PM
TECH Apprentice

ok, thanks but would someone please answer this:so the question is how much louder will LTS + Xpipe+dynomax bullets be than LTs+oRY+flowmaster catback (cutout would be closed when need to be quite) although they will all be loud.... ???
Old 12-29-2006, 11:42 AM
Banned

Duals and bullets are going to be louder, no doubt about it. Any kind of catback (even if it's ORY) is going to muffle the exhaust more than straight bullets.