Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Power steering delete- how?

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2006, 02:35 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power steering delete- how?

after paying to have my power steering pump replaced three times i started to question how necessary it is at all. Ive had cars without power steering before like my fiero, my dad's ferrari 348 spyder, and my uncle took it off his viper. or maybe his viper never had it. not a dodge guy here.i think id like to give it up to not only get rid of the problems it still has but to gain power. i dont really need it im a big guy and once your driving you cant tell all that much. plus i loved driving my fiero before it died and i like to drive my dads car i like the feedback you get with out power steering. anyway- does anyone make a power steering delete kit? how do i go about removing it completely? can i just take all parts off? cause i know when my pyump did go out, it was a lot worse than anything i had ever drove but i beleive this is becuase a dead pump has more resistance than no pump at all correct? and if i can just take everything off then do i need a shorter belt? guys im not very technicle but my uncles a goof mechanic if i know what direction to go we can get it done i just need some advice! thanks in advance guys

EDIT: also im thinking of buying an underdrive pully kit so as far as the belt goes, how would everything work out? between the P.S. delete and the kit how much power can i gain? i almost wanna go ahead and yank out the air but i drive a lot in the summer and i think i would miss it too much. so no on the air for now
Old 12-30-2006, 02:49 AM
TECH Resident

check out thuderracing.com a sponsor on here, they had a madman manual steering kit i believe for 600+ dollars, i plan on going with this kit myself.... a side not when you put the bolts back in for the manual rack make sure to trim the bolts down some so they have better clearance and have them pull out from the bottom instead of the top and i am not sure you might have to reroute belts but i am not sure???? someone please chime in if i missed anything
Old 12-30-2006, 03:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

thunder racing ok ill go check em out.