Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ported throttle body

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2006, 04:32 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default ported throttle body

Hey all, just got done doing my first TB port on my car, and i just had a real quick question. i know that in all the write ups they say to be careful not to touch the area where the throttle blade sits against the housing. now, when i did the porting i made sure that i marked it so i would port that area, but when i got finished i noticed there is a slight sliver of light that shines through. its maybe at the most a human hairs width. if i shut a piece of paper in it i can't pull it out. the only thing i did in that area was slightly wet sand it with 2000 grit to clean it, and then i polished it real quick. now my question id, if this gap is this thin, will it mess with my idle. also, it looks uniform all the way around. and one more thing, the polish i used is liquid wheel polish.
Old 12-30-2006, 07:55 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's fine. Once you even just clean the TB really well there will be some light shining through. I have even gone as far as to sand the whole thing down a little bit and polish all the way through the TB and never had a problem. Not saying to try this because I suppose it could **** something up.

The worst that will happen is you get a very small change in your idle when you first put it on but that should go away soon enough anyway.