Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Installed SLP Flow Pack

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2006, 04:36 PM
Internet Mechanic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Installed SLP Flow Pack

The 1st real mod has been done to my new car, the old one had everything done. It was nice to be able to do cheaper bolt on mods again. Over all I have to say it isnt all that bad of a install. The worst was taking out the plastic dam piece that has like 6 fasteners which are a PITA to get out.

With the Kit I got.

SLP Lid
Smooth Bellow
Sheet metal intake to suck from the bottom
Blackwing filter

The car already had the air box cut, too much (by prev owner) and we had to relocate the weather stripping. The other weather stripping piece for the Sheet metal duct had glue on it, a lil sticky but we needed to add more.

The smooth bellow went on really easy. No need for cutting or lubercant.

I like the Blackwing filter, like the color. A lil heavier then stock but over all with the LID on the stock set up has some weight to it.

I took the car out and she felt good. I could hear a delightful whistle of the intake and she pulled strong.
Old 01-01-2007, 09:16 AM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

i found the filter that came with mine was too think and would not fit in the air box correctly i still need to buy a K&N filter to fix the problem
Old 01-01-2007, 12:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I hope you ordered the blackwing filter cleaner kit or w/e because its like $18 and SLP has a $25 minimum order thing. I use k&n filter clean with mine but you said you like the blue color...using the k&n cleaner and recharger turns it red.
Old 01-01-2007, 01:06 PM
Internet Mechanic

Ita all cotton gause. I didnt know I was getting the blackwing until I opend the box so I didnt get the cleaning kit.

The little tray that fits in the box was a little twisted but with 2 people I was able to get it snapped in, no bigge. Also my MAF was descreened, I didnt know. So I got some work done now
Old 01-01-2007, 05:47 PM
Tech Resident

Originally Posted by BlackScreaminMachine
The car already had the air box cut, too much (by prev owner) and we had to relocate the weather stripping.
if you don't mind me asking, where did the previous owner cut too much? i'm having trouble picturing this in my head.
Old 01-01-2007, 06:47 PM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

When are you going to get some real mods Anthony?
Old 01-01-2007, 07:15 PM
Tech Resident

Originally Posted by orangeapeel
When are you going to get some real mods Anthony?
when jordan sends me some money to get them done

i got stuff to fix first. i'm getting two weird rattling events. i gotta tighten all my exhaust clamps (possibly replace one), replace my water pump, get new belts and possibly replace my u-joints and get my driveshaft rebalanced. i'm getting a weird vibration through my console and out the rear end ONLY at 50-51 mph. it sounds like glass rattling on a wood table, and it sounds terrible. i'm thinking my u-joints are shot, or possibly i have a busted tranny mount? i gotta get this car up on a lift sometime soon.

mod money? pfft...

Quick Reply: Installed SLP Flow Pack