Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

H-pipeż

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2007, 01:22 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default H-pipeż

i was wondering if i am loosing or gaining power with my set-up on my exhaust, i have pacesetter LT`s with a H-pipe- and 3 inch true dual pipeing all the way to the back of the car, it sounds fre@kin awesome but i did notice a bit of low end loss, but great on expressway.hehe, and as for my other mods i have a intake and custom tune and thats it.lol. so is it a good idea to keep the exhaust set-up the way it is?thanx guys.
Old 01-08-2007, 02:19 AM
TECH Veteran

With lower backpressure it kind of moves the TQ curve up in the RPM band. Would explain your 'lack' of low end power.

3" duals, that is a good system. I wouldn't really worry too much about loosing power due to back pressure. Do you have cats?

Oh, from what I've heard, H-pipe for sound X-pipe for performance.
Old 01-08-2007, 04:30 AM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єlˇmˇиąŧřя ™

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Don't worry about back pressure at all. It is not a factor. You are looking for scavenging and exhaust gas velocity. Those two are where you are going to make or break yourself on an exhaust setup. The 3" H setup should be getting you the power you need with a stock CID LS1.
Old 01-08-2007, 10:54 AM
Teching In

thanx guys, and it is straight pipe, i have noCATS/resonators/ mufflers, just headers back.lol
Old 01-08-2007, 11:04 AM
Banned

You are giving up a few ponies because you have an hpipe. An hpipe doesn't scavenge hardly at all (if any) compared to an xpipe. An xpipe would make more hp and tq, that would be the only difference. Is it worth it to change? Probably not.
Old 01-08-2007, 11:12 AM
Teching In

i used to have an X-pipe, but then wanted to try an H-pipe, and well i love the sound alot better with a H-pipe, it is a whole lot deeper and mean sounding.