Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

QTP Race Headers and QTP ORY?????

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2007, 09:54 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default QTP Race Headers and QTP ORY?????

I'm wanting to remove the EGR and AIR from the car when i install the exhaust system. Now my question is how my block off plates to i need to buy to do this and which ones? I have a ls1 intake manifold and my future plans are to go with the ls6 intake mainfold, and i know that one block off plates goes in the intake. do both intakes use the same block off plates? Is there anything else that i need to block off? Thanks for the help guys
Old 01-11-2007, 09:57 AM
10 Second Club

If you didn't already buy the headers just get the ones without the emissions provisions on them and you won't need to worry about block off plates for them.
Old 01-11-2007, 10:03 AM
On The Tree

ok cool yeah i bought the race style without the emission, but wouldn't i still need to block off the EGR port in the intake manifold?
Old 01-11-2007, 12:30 PM
On The Tree

You need a 1-3/8" universal freeze plug from your local auto parts store to block off the EGR port on the intake. You will also need to tune the EGR/AIR codes out but I would wait for that if you plan on any mods in the near future.