Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What cats to go with??

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2007, 12:27 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default What cats to go with??

I just got a hellafied deal on a brand new set of mac headers and off road y pipe. i have a magnaflow catback already installed. ive had magnaflow before with long tubes and ory pipe and i did like it, though it was a little raspy at times. if i do decide to put cats in the mac off road y pipe, what is a good cat to go with and where exactly in the y pipe is a good place to put them? also, ive seen some aftermarket cats that were really fat in diameter. are there any that are the same diameter or close to the same diameter of the 2.5" pipe? im just worried about ground clearance when i go to lower the car.
Old 01-11-2007, 01:01 PM
Launching!

Get with TIM @ EAD Performance about the Magnaflow Metal Matrix cats!
Old 01-11-2007, 01:05 PM
Banned

You want the Magnaflow Metallic core converters. They are the new versions and are slim profile, to fit in possibly tight locations. Contact Tim @ EAD Performance for good pricing.

As far as where in the ypipe to put them, doesn't really matter, but I would put them just behind each header collector so the backpressure from the cats is level.