Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

AIR removal ?

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2007, 11:16 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AIR removal ?

So last night I installed race style pacesetter LTs, TSP cattey Y, and LS6 intake manifold. I deleted the EGR and AIR but I have a few questions. Do you need to remove the fuse and relay for the sec air inj, and if so, where is the location of the relay? There also is a small solenoid on the driver's side bank towards the rear of the motor which I believe is for the air but not sure. However, there were small vacuum lines that ran from that solenoid to a cylindrical black valve that was part of the air. What do you do with the vac lines? There was a line on the back of the intake manifold that I reconnected but don't know what that is for either. Thanks for the help.
Old 01-13-2007, 02:59 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by WS6Wally00
So last night I installed race style pacesetter LTs, TSP cattey Y, and LS6 intake manifold. I deleted the EGR and AIR but I have a few questions. Do you need to remove the fuse and relay for the sec air inj, and if so, where is the location of the relay? There also is a small solenoid on the driver's side bank towards the rear of the motor which I believe is for the air but not sure. However, there were small vacuum lines that ran from that solenoid to a cylindrical black valve that was part of the air. What do you do with the vac lines? There was a line on the back of the intake manifold that I reconnected but don't know what that is for either. Thanks for the help.

The vacuum hose on the back of the intake manifold..just go to AutoZone and buy some vacuum hose caps.

I pulled the fuse for the air pump..it should give you a diagram on the top of your fuse fox showing what each one does.