Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How to port a TB

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2007, 07:11 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

haha...you guys crack me up.

i'll admit, the blad is not touched. all i did with that was file down the blade bolts a little.
when i did it i tried to pull the blade out, but the bolts didnt want to budge so i decided not to push it. thought about going back to do it one of these days.

as for the "lip" in front of the blade...what the **** do you think was machined off. the area in front of the blade is the exact diameter (+/- 1/100th) as the throttle blade, which is the same as the diameter on the back side of the TB.

the transition from angled front of the TB to the actual bore could be smoothed off a bit more, but not enough to make a noticable amount of power.

as for the "polish" job...it was hit with 1000grit sand paper...not sure why you think a mirror finish increases power that much.

here is a picture of the machine work i basically did. glad you think your 15hrs is better spent than my 15mins...guess that extra 1-2hp is just gonna come out and bitch slap me on the street

the part in yellow was removed:
Old 12-14-2007, 07:26 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

as for the "lip" in front of the blade...what the **** do you think was machined off
well,,,by the looks of that pic,,,nothing was machined off. Just look at your picture,,its right there,,, plain as day. A PNP TB should not have that ridge. And, I never said that a Mirror finish was needed, its just nice,,,To each their own. people will make their own choices and choose to do the job they feel they need to do. Its all good..

Happy Holidays

Last edited by Bad Blue WS6; 12-14-2007 at 08:28 AM.
Old 12-14-2007, 01:00 PM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by teke184
as for the "polish" job...it was hit with 1000grit sand paper...not sure why you think a mirror finish increases power that much.
glad you think your 15hrs is better spent than my 15mins...guess that extra 1-2hp is just gonna come out and bitch slap me on the street
Calm down snappy. The mirror finish is purely cosmetic. I agree that 1000grit or even 400 grit vs. a mirror finish makes no difference flow-wise. We're just saying that the longer time spent doing it by hand results in a better flowing and better looking product. I definitely don't spend 15 hrs when I do one, more like 4 hrs tops and that includes getting it polished. And yes the difference in yours and mine is probably only a few HP but that matters to some people.

Quick Reply: How to port a TB