Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Did FAST Fix Their TB?

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2007, 07:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Did FAST Fix Their TB?

I know there were numerous reports of the FAST 90mm TBs sticking open when they first came to market, but I also seem to recall reading that FAST has now corrected the problem. Can anyone confirm this? I'm in the market for a 90mm TB and would be willing to consider the FAST if the issues that plagued the earlier units have been resolved.

Thanks,
Josh
Old 01-14-2007, 07:41 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Josh
I know there were numerous reports of the FAST 90mm TBs sticking open when they first came to market, but I also seem to recall reading that FAST has now corrected the problem. Can anyone confirm this? I'm in the market for a 90mm TB and would be willing to consider the FAST if the issues that plagued the earlier units have been resolved.

Thanks,
Josh
Yes they have. I just sent one back for inspection that was sticking and Jay Adams told me it was the best one they'd ever gotten back. On spec etc. We also had this one ported by a local NASCAR R&D guy and they commented on the port work. Come to find out the guys TPS sensor was bad and Jay helped with that diagnosis. Very good guy to deal with. I think I even have video of them testing it on their test engine. Ill have to dig up the link.
Old 01-15-2007, 06:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Thanks for the info.

Does anyone else have any experience with the new FAST TBs?

Thanks,
Josh
Old 01-15-2007, 06:50 PM
Teching In

I bought mine about 4 months ago and no problems here. 90mm all the way!!!!!