Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Blocking of smog ?

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2007, 11:56 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blocking of smog ?

i am blocking off all the smog equipment to clean up the engine bay, will the car run fine without it till i go to my buddies house i delete the air and egr? when you are using the thunder racing block offs, you just block off the 2 air tubes and the egr correct? thanks guys
Old 01-16-2007, 12:23 PM
10 Second Club

No problems. You'll probably get a code, but the car should run fine.
Old 01-16-2007, 12:24 PM
That's what she said...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yes the car will run fine, you'll just have the SES light staring you in the face.

You will also need to put a blockoff plate on your EGR provision on the exhaust manifold (98-00 had EGR).

I would also yank the EVAP system.

Codes to delete:

EGR
AIR
EVAP
Rear O2
Fuel tank pressure
Etc.

You need to set them not set the code, not just not display the SES light. Some people set it to "No MIL", but it will still show on a scanner.
Old 01-16-2007, 01:15 PM
TECH Regular

so i should get 3 of the other block off plates and 1 egr block off plate? correct. because there are 3 air tubes and 1 egr. just making sure before i order them
Old 01-16-2007, 01:54 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by allblacksrt4
so i should get 3 of the other block off plates and 1 egr block off plate? correct. because there are 3 air tubes and 1 egr. just making sure before i order them
there's two air tubes (one on the passenger manifold and one on the driver side) then the egr provision on the passenger side manifold.... 3 total block off plates for the exhaust manifolds then one 1-3/8 freeze plug for the top of the intake manifold
Old 01-16-2007, 02:42 PM
Teching In

I just deleted air and EGR this weekend. Removed all the plumbing and air pump etc... Car has been running fine, just flipped codes for both, as well as rear O2s b/c of headers. Aren't you suppose to remove the air inj fuse and relay as well. Also, there is a air inj solenoid (i think that's what it is) on the driver's side rear of the intake manifold?