Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ported Fast 90 Intake!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2007, 04:33 AM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by JEB99TA
I'm nowhere near stock, but, waiting to get mine tuned after a F.A.S.T. 90/90 install yesterday. I was told to not get into the throttle too hard until it's tuned, but, I can feels gains everywhere thru the powerband ... though I haven't had it above 4500 rpm ... can't wait to get it tuned on the dyno and see what the numbers come out to. I'm hoping to see 20-30 RWHP and a slight TQ gain.
Are you afraid to lean out your motor? Your running around on heads and cam untuned? Does it run like crap?
Old 02-06-2007, 05:39 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by orangeapeel
Are you afraid to lean out your motor? Your running around on heads and cam untuned? Does it run like crap?
I'm not really afraid of anything with the addition of the 90/90 setup, but, the shop supervisor told me to not get into the throttle too hard until it's tuned, but, it's running pretty rich ... seems to run better than before the swap.

The car was dyno tuned about 2 months ago. It just hasn't been re-tuned since the 90/90 upgrade from my old Jantzer ported stock TB and LS6 intake. It should be safe to get on it hard, but, I don't want to damage the motor ... so, no it's not untuned ... just not RE-tuned since the swap yesterday.

It runs great ... no idling issues ... no surging at idle ... no stalling or choking ... seems to run pretty clean and it's a little louder than before ... even sounds better. Probably louder because of more airflow, I assume.

Being a smaller cube motor, I didn't feel it necessary to have it ported unless I go with a bigger cam or bigger cubes later down the road. It feels real strong since the swap.
Old 02-06-2007, 06:33 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think in my own opinion a 90/90 set up on a stock LS1 is a bit much. You'll probably gain rwhp, but it'll feel like you lost it. I would wait, just my .02!
Old 02-06-2007, 07:59 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 2 fast 2000
I think in my own opinion a 90/90 set up on a stock LS1 is a bit much. You'll probably gain rwhp, but it'll feel like you lost it. I would wait, just my .02!
do you have a FAST90/90 on your car right now? and did it feel like it lost it?... i don't think people should post up about FAST's unless you have them, or have seen the results.

IF you want to go ahead and get the FAST you won't ever have to upgrade again. it will give you more and more power as you continue to upgrade.
Do it once, do it right, and be able to leave it alone when your done... instead of this...oh i forgot to get this... this...and this....
Old 02-06-2007, 12:14 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 2 fast 2000

It's hardly stock. I tell people it is, though ... lol!

UNLOCKED A4 =400RWHP/387RWTQ
NEW NUMBERS WITH F.A.S.T. 90/90 COMING SOON.

Forged 347>AFR 205's>224/228 Cam>F.A.S.T. 90/90>FLP 4L65E Race Level 5> YankSS3600>33-spline Strange 12-bolt w/ 3.73's>Full suspension w/HDBilstein's>Racetronix FP>SVO 30# 's>17" AFS blk chrome ZR1's > WS9 Hood w/ functional Ram Air
Old 02-06-2007, 12:20 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by ZL1Killa
do you have a FAST90/90 on your car right now? and did it feel like it lost it?... i don't think people should post up about FAST's unless you have them, or have seen the results.

IF you want to go ahead and get the FAST you won't ever have to upgrade again. it will give you more and more power as you continue to upgrade.
Do it once, do it right, and be able to leave it alone when your done... instead of this...oh i forgot to get this... this...and this....
Thanks ZL1Killa ... just thought about something I stupendously overlooked. I'm running the 90/90 with the stock MAF ... haha! I'll be ordering the SLP 85mm ... a littl eeasier for my tuner to tune as opposed the Granatelli 90mm MAF. 85mm is all I'll ever need on my small cube.

I believe any one building motor can't go wrong putting a ported F.A.S.T. 90 and then build the motor up for it. Kinda' like doing the 12-bolt before going for HP that you know is going to break the 10-bolt and then end up having to do it twice.
Old 02-06-2007, 12:52 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by JEB99TA
Thanks ZL1Killa I'll be ordering the SLP 85mm ... a littl eeasier for my tuner to tune as opposed the Granatelli 90mm MAF. 85mm is all I'll ever need on my small cube.
You might want to consider the PACEPARTS 85 mm Z06 MAF sensor. It's calibrated, so it requires no extra tuning to run on ls1s, although it can still be tuned like a normal MAF sensor. I ran it and it worked great. Much better reputation than the SLP unit, which is known for being finiky, especially for tuners...
Old 02-06-2007, 03:17 PM
TECH Resident

why buy a new MAF when the stock one works fine? <--- this still kills me why ppl buy new ones. you can de-screen a stock one, if it is screened and TUNE IT and it runs fine. as thats what mine is
Old 02-06-2007, 05:23 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by ZL1Killa
why buy a new MAF when the stock one works fine? <--- this still kills me why ppl buy new ones. you can de-screen a stock one, if it is screened and TUNE IT and it runs fine. as thats what mine is
... 'cause, even though it will support over 500 HP, it is a restriction in front of the 90 mm TB and Intake and flows very little air compared to the SLP 85mm or Granatelli 90mm. Why would you restrict airflow? With my cam, I need as much flow as I can get. The stock MAF only flows something like 700 CFM de-screened ... believe it's even less. I forget the numbers exactly, but, the SLP 85mm TB flows over 1000 CFM descreened and my motor will grow soon with a progressively controlled 200-250 DP hit ... putting me over 700 RWHP ... 750+ with the converter locked.

The stocker (ported and de-screened) simply is not enough airflow for my needs. Pretty simple equation to me.

Quick Reply: Ported Fast 90 Intake!!!!!