Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is this a legit P0135 code?

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2007, 02:40 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is this a legit P0135 code?

Well, I have recently installed Pace ceramic coated LTs. Now, after about 300miles of driving I have a check engine light. The code is the infamous P0135(O2 heater circuit...bank 1).
Now I have searched alot on this and I am a little torn as to whether or not I should replace the sensor. It seems that it is common because of the heat discipation of the LTs causing the heater circuit to have a hard time keeping up, plus it is about 20* here right now.
I did have a leak at the collector when the light initially came on. I fixed that, and now it still comes on. Also, during the cam install, I spilled coolant all over that sensor. Do you think that my sensor is legitimately bad? Or just the typical weather issue?
Thanks!
Old 03-06-2007, 07:23 PM
12 Second Club

anyone?
I bought a new sensor and havnt installed it yet. If the code is just going to keep coming back, Ill just not bother with installing it and get my money back.
Old 03-06-2007, 11:43 PM
That's what she said...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It will probably keep coming back. Some people's stuff is strange.

If you're going to do anything, I'd throw in a set of Bosch 13111's. You can do a little searching/research on those. They have helped people who had the same problems, and are working great on my car right now. You can also sell your O2 extensions to offset the cost.

Here's the cheapest I've seen them........

http://rep.speedycarparts.com/parts/...gory=C&dp=true
Old 03-07-2007, 08:45 AM
On The Tree

Has it been tuned? If not, could be from the car running too rich for too long, causing the o2 sensor to wear out (producing a higher voltage then it should for too long will cause it to loose its ability to produce corrent votages).
Old 03-07-2007, 09:21 AM
Teching In

I have the same code on mine and need some clarification myself. I have the jet-hot long tubes, no cats, with the rear O2s eliminated with LS1 Edit, and I get the PO135 (bank 1 sensor 1) and PO155 code (bank 2 sensor 1).

I did run that setup for a while without the LS1 edit, so that may be why I am getting it.
Old 03-07-2007, 09:40 AM
12 Second Club

Yes, it has been tuned. It ran with a big cam and the headers for about 50miles before the tune though. Im thinkin Ill just take this one back and order a 1311 from where blur posted. Seems to work for alot of people. Thanks alot guys. I really appreciate it.

Quick Reply: Is this a legit P0135 code?