Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mac Headers?

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2007, 10:44 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Arrow Mac Headers?

So i Was Looking For The "Mid" Headers Instead Of Going With Longtubes, But I'm Looking Through Sites And I See That All The Mac Headers Come With Y Pipes, I'm Kinda Just Looking For The Headers, Any Ideas Where I Can Get Some Or Do I Have To Buy Them With The Y Pipe.....
Old 03-28-2007, 10:48 AM
TECH Addict

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Unless going custom duals you'll want the Y won't you?

As for the headers themselfs, well they can work and should show good PEAK numbers, espcially on high revving setup. Mid and low end power is where LT's really beat them, this is due to scavenging, LT's will scavenge in lower rpms compared to mids.

The downside is if you ever plan on making BIG power (FI, nitrous or n/a with larger displacement) the 2.5" collectors on the mids will be restrictive.

However a h/c 346ci LS1 will generally work pretty well on mids. Not sure if you can get them without the Y or not, maybe email MAC and ask or look for some 2nd ones. Not that they are expensive anyhow.
Old 03-28-2007, 10:53 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 300bhp/ton
Unless going custom duals you'll want the Y won't you?

As for the headers themselfs, well they can work and should show good PEAK numbers, espcially on high revving setup. Mid and low end power is where LT's really beat them, this is due to scavenging, LT's will scavenge in lower rpms compared to mids.

The downside is if you ever plan on making BIG power (FI, nitrous or n/a with larger displacement) the 2.5" collectors on the mids will be restrictive.

However a h/c 346ci LS1 will generally work pretty well on mids. Not sure if you can get them without the Y or not, maybe email MAC and ask or look for some 2nd ones. Not that they are expensive anyhow.
Thanks For The Info. I'm Thinking Long Tubes Now......