Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Erratic idle (mostly with A/C off) after TB install?!?!?!

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2007, 06:20 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Erratic idle (mostly with A/C off) after TB install?!?!?!

Please see my initial thread in the PCM Diagnostics forum.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/pcm-diagnostics-tuning/685377-erratic-idle-c-off-after-tb-install.html
Old 03-29-2007, 06:50 PM
On The Tree

I probably couldn't help you much, but I saw a few similar posts about this recently. The ones who posted pics of the throttle blade when engagded/not engagded really helped. Maybe someone else can chime in on helping you, but for the most part, it REALLY helped when people posted pics of the position of the throttle blade. Just my .02 to try and help you. Hope you figure it out, good luck!
Old 03-29-2007, 08:15 PM
That's what she said...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Check to make sure the IAC o-ring is still in place. It will cause a bit of idle hunting, ask me how I know....
Old 03-29-2007, 10:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I dont know if it was posted in your original thread because I couldnt get it to come up but I had a similar problem when I did my swap. My original problem was that I was putting a 00 or 01 TB in my 98. I was idling at 3000 rpm. The throttle shafts on those years are different, and I dont know why I didnt remember. Anyways my throttle was slightly stuck open. After swaping the shafts, the car idled around 1500 rpm, and I let the car idle for a good 20 min (half with AC on) to allow the PCM to compensate a little for the leaner mix. After that I adjusted my idle screw and I was back down to 750. Ran fine since.
Old 03-29-2007, 11:30 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by TheBlurLS1
Check to make sure the IAC o-ring is still in place. It will cause a bit of idle hunting, ask me how I know....
Dude. I actually did check that, and it was there.

Hey, my buddy's girlfriend is from Nederland. What a small world!