Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

moutning wideband

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2007, 08:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default moutning wideband

k, i have pacesetters and a tsp catted y.. where do i mount the bung for my wideband?

i think the pacesetter headers are aluminum and i heard that you gotta get a special weld on aluminum.
Old 03-29-2007, 09:02 PM
On The Tree

well i dnt have cats but i put mine on the drivers side about 3 in away from the collecter works great but i dnt know if you have room or not that away i could run the cable threw where your shifter is......
Old 03-30-2007, 04:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

ok.. anyone else?
Old 03-30-2007, 06:11 PM
That's what she said...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Need a bung in front of the cat. Do it on the side that has more room, just make sure it's behind the header collector and not drilled through it. You can also put it in the collector, opposite of the factory O2 if you want.

If you wanted to be really slick, you could set it up to work as a narrowband and wideband, then put it in a factory hole and delete one of the factory narrowbands. You can read up on it in the PCM section.

The Pacesetters are mild steel, just ceramic coated. Buff off the ceramic coat around the weld area if you're going to weld the bung on the primary.