Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SLP Dual-Dual Hardware

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2007, 06:04 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Default SLP Dual-Dual Hardware

I just picked up a NOS, almost-complete SLP Dual/Dual cat-back. I am not familiar with how these things came from the factory, and I have a couple questions, if anyone is able to help.

First, I'm missing two hangers. Are these just generic, or was this an SLP part? I'm talking about the hangers that are bolted up to the frame rails with a u-bolt that slips through the two holes on the frame rail. The cat-back itself has three hooks on it, two on the left and one on the right, but there is only one matching hanger on my car, on the left side.

Second question is, the tailpipes, muffler, and intermediate pipe are all stainless, but the section that goes over the axle and connects the intermediate pipe to the muffler appears to be mild steel, at least it doesn't look the same as the rest of the system. Is this how they came, or did they come completely stainless? Does anyone have one of these systems installed that they can look at and tell me? Does a sponsor manufacture this part in stainless, or do I just need to get one fabbed up by an exhaust shop? Thanks.
Old 04-02-2007, 06:43 PM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

First question, call SLP and tell them you need the mounting hardware, that's what I did when I had the dual dual (which I sold almost IMMEDIATELY upon taking my loudmouth off, because I absolutely hate those crimp clamps more than anything in the world). They set me up with their hangers, rubber insulators, etc. I too was rather confused when I got mine, seeing all them hangers

Second one, can't quite say, I bought mine used, sorry

-J
Old 04-02-2007, 06:44 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The over the axle pipe is a different type of stainless since it isn't as visible.
The hardware is SLP specific but it doesn't look very difficult to make.
Old 04-02-2007, 09:01 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 8a8mfh
The over the axle pipe is a different type of stainless since it isn't as visible.
The hardware is SLP specific but it doesn't look very difficult to make.
Got it, that makes sense. Upon further examination, it does appear to be stainless like you said 8. I feel much better about the purchase.

And I'll try to get in touch with SLP for the hangers as you suggested, Lastcall. I'd kind of like to use original ones. As for the crimp clamps, I'm just gonna use those until I can get it welded up.
Old 04-03-2007, 09:29 AM
TECH Apprentice

Cool, just got off the phone with SLP, they're sending over a hardware kit. Problem solved. Thanks guys.