Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

can LTs be fabbed up to stock Ypipe

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2007, 06:24 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default can LTs be fabbed up to stock Ypipe

first things first, why? Im planning on having true duals fabbed up and i want to save on labor by installing the LTs myself. and the shops im interested in are a couple of hours away and i don't want to drive there with open headers. I don't want a migraine or tickets.

so are the collectors anywhere close to where the stock Ypipe is? anybody try it? im just trying to see if this isn't impossible with some adapators and clamps. Tight budget buildup here.
Old 04-04-2007, 07:07 PM
12 Second Club

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by mpsoldier
first things first, why? Im planning on having true duals fabbed up and i want to save on labor by installing the LTs myself. and the shops im interested in are a couple of hours away and i don't want to drive there with open headers. I don't want a migraine or tickets.

so are the collectors anywhere close to where the stock Ypipe is? anybody try it? im just trying to see if this isn't impossible with some adapators and clamps. Tight budget buildup here.
dont **** with it. it would be more trouble than its worth. the stock Y is flattened out on the drivers side, so you would have to deal with that. if i were you, i would just drive it with open headers, but if you dont want to, go to like autozone and buy some cheap glass packs (15 bucks a peice) and some band clamps and slip em over your headers and drive it to the shop.
Old 04-04-2007, 07:47 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

not worth it
Old 04-04-2007, 07:48 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if you want to strangle the crap out of your headers.. sure go for it.