Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cut-Outs PLEASE HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2007, 11:46 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cut-Outs PLEASE HELP!

I am looking to electronically cut-out my exhaust. I wanted to get some of your opinions =-D Anyone do double cutouts on the y-pipe? ive never had cutout(s) on a car before so im just trying to get some info. I have LTs, ORY, magnaflow catback and its pretty tame sounding like it is and id like to get some more bark when i want it. . i think the double cutout on the y would be coolest but does it cause any problems like due to lack of backpressure or anything?? I couldnt have anything hang down any lower on my Y bc its close to the ground as it is. Ive also been reading a bit about some experiences people are having and it seems like every brand is a total POS. Everyones complaining about fitment issues, the cap hanging down and dragging when opened, the motor "falling off", and the gears are made of plastic and stripping out, leaving it unusable. Sounds like id be better off just getting the old school kind and jacking the car everytime i want to open them or close them?? Please everyone with cutouts shoot me some feedback!!
Old 04-06-2007, 11:51 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a manual cutout so I gotta get under there to uncap it when I want it loud. I can't complain because I just didn't want to spend ~$200 for an electric cutout that would fail eventually. I hear DMH is the best brand though because they offer a 4 year warranty on their cutouts.
As far as 2 on the y pipe you will lose clearance and it will be rediculous LOUD, like open headers. Most just put one cutout in the I pipe before it turns over the axle. I have one and it is loud enough. Things vibrate inside the car and everything. Do a search and you will find more than enough info. on electric and manual cutouts. I think on the 1st page alone I saw 3 threads asking basically the same question as you.
Old 04-06-2007, 11:55 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i personally think that if you got the dual e-cutouts on the y that would be just like running open headers and that would be pretty loud,me id do it just for the sound but of course thats not a good idea to just run open headers as a dd.but id do it haha just to roll up on someone and they be like damn ahhaha.i got a qtp e-cutout right now on my stock exhaust thats on my i-pipe. i dont have no problems with it hanging and my car is lowered,i have more problems with my stock y(POS)