Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Few Questions from the New Guy-=>

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2002, 05:02 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Few Questions from the New Guy-=>

Hey Guys, I just bought a 99 SS and was wondering what the best mods for my buck are, without voiding my warrenty?

I was thinking about a Whisper lid first off. Has anyone heard if those power programmers really work?
Any Info at all is much Appreciated. THANKS
Old 03-15-2002, 06:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Few Questions from the New Guy-=>

Technically, any aftermarket performance modification can supposedly void our factory warranties. But that obviously depends upon dealer from dealer. In reality though, you should be ok with a intake lid, fast toys ram air kit, and a cat-back exhaust system or cutout(basic intake/exhaust mods). Thats what I have and the dealers don't seem to really care. Maybe others can give you their experiences with their mods but the general rule of thumb is the more you do the more likely you are to have your warranty denied.

As for the Hypertech power programmer, I would stay away from it. Only get it if you need to reprogram your speedo for a gear change or to raise your rev limiter or to have your fans activated and so on...

Mike
Old 03-15-2002, 07:19 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: Few Questions from the New Guy-=>

Well... according to SEMA it's not the mod that voids the warranty, it's the proof of abuse.

Like said above. Warranty issue claims are very dealer specific.