Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Finally got SLP LT's in and went for a drive!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2002, 09:08 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Finally got SLP LT's in and went for a drive!!

Well after the most PITA install known to man and hurting myself a couple of times I got these suckers all the way in. I could not get the catback to fit right so I had to have muffler shop put it back on for me. Anyways I drove around the block and made sure everything was ok at first and then I gunned it(this was without catback). Holy crap the car went sideways in first, and spun for a good 20-30 ft when I hit second and just kept on pulling after that, I am pretty happy but I think I am running rich now,, the smell is real bad. Well I decided to have some fun on my way to have the catback put on so I stopped and got gas and went to a couple of stores. Let me tell you I had more compliments and stares without the catback than I have ever had. It was cool as sh*t. Everyone at the gas station was staring at me and one guy was like "damn". Needless to say I was sideways out of the gas station as well. Then I stopped at home depot to get some spacers for my y pipe brace and again nothing but looks and one of the employees yelled that my car was cool. Sigh its now bringing tears to my eyes. I finally made it to my muffler shop and had them put on the hooker catback. Now it sounds real good with no rasp which makes me happy. I also got lucky cause my y pipe isn't banging (yet). I would give the SLP LT's a good rating other than the damn install, there is a noticable power increase as proven by the traction issues and the car is pulling much better now. Now I just have to force myself to go to the dyno and I may get electric cutouts cause of all the freaking compliments I got today. Sorry so long.
Old 03-18-2002, 09:35 AM
TECH Addict

Default Re: Finally got SLP LT's in and went for a drive!!

Congrats on the headers. How does that cam sound through headers?

<small>[ March 18, 2002, 09:36 AM: Message edited by: quickWS6 ]</small>
Old 03-18-2002, 01:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wetall we need some sound files too..
I want to post em..
That first bit of time with the new headers
is kinda wild.. sideways yes !!!!
That problem can sneak up on you from time to time. Sunday after church I had to get on it
to blend in with traffic.. got some stares from
the church traffic people. sideways then
a shift into 2nd and more power..
I love it.. !!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-18-2002, 01:41 PM
TECH Junkie

it sounds real good with the cam,, I wish I had a way to get the sounds from there to hear, hmmm maybe with a long mic,, I need a freakin laptop.