Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

quieting car down

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2007, 05:27 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default quieting car down

i currently have a slp loudmouth on my car its a 2000 ta m6 with 4.10's and at 75 the drone is so bad i wanna jump outta the car, im so tired of the drone and i was thinking about doing a custom setup. i think it is stainless works that has a chambered muffler in the I pipe and then another short muffler right before the tip on each side and i was thinking instead of the chambered muffler i was thinking about putting a magnaflow muffler right in front of ech tips and see how that sounded and would it quiet it down to my liking, i want it somewhere between what it was stock and what it is now because in the near future im gonna do a set of longtubes and i know thats gonna open it up a lil and make it louder and help would be great and comments and suggestions are great too and if anyone would like to maybe trade or buy the loudmouth i would be up for that too.
Russell
Old 04-20-2007, 05:30 PM
On The Tree

i have the borla xr1 on my car and it helped out allot. i had straight pipes before that. i hated driving my car on the freeway when i had that setup, now with the borla its not bad at all
Old 04-20-2007, 09:19 PM
TECH Apprentice

Corsa. No drone anytime or place and is loud as hell at WOT. Oh, it looks okay too.
Old 04-20-2007, 11:06 PM
TJ
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

DYNOMAX ULTRA FLOW WELDED.
quiet as you can get.
Old 04-20-2007, 11:14 PM
TECH Regular

I remember the thoughts about jumping out as well. I made my car from a guaranteed headache on the highway to completely driveable with sound deadning insulation from just behind the front seats to the tail lights. I got it at Home Depot. I think it was called Frost King.
Old 04-21-2007, 10:29 AM
Launching!

anyone else have anything to sayi mean alot of ppl have looked at the and so few replies.